Knicks Top 10 Plays 2008-2009, Courtesy of NBA.com
It’s almost time folks. As the debate about the efficacy of the so-called 2010 plan goes into repetitious overdrive, despite the quality of the 2009-10 home team, we are ready for some action. Any action. For the moment, we can look back and enjoy some of the best plays of last year’s campaign.
One Knick personnel move went slightly unnoticed yesterday: The Athlon NBA preview magazine was released and this year the New York-New Jersey edition features Chris Duhon. Chris Duhon moved to the status of Knicks model or model Knick. . . . I hope he has a great year. . . . Fanatics might be interested in an opinion piece on Eddie Curry which appears at the Dime spot. According to the headline, Eddie Curry will be a mini-beast in 09-10. I hope he has a great year too. . . . Cablevision, after announcing that it would spin off the Knicks and other assets, has just priced an offering of $900 million in notes so that it could repurchase stock from unit CSC Holdings Inc. Earlier Cablevision announced plans to sell $500 Million in notes. Shares rose 0.2% to $24.07 in after-hours trading. The stock is up 42% this year. Curry, Duhon and Knicks fans may have bad years, but Dolan probably won’t, even in this economy. . . .Speaking of Cablevision which owns Newsday and the New York Knicks, it appears that the Fix’s (Newsday’s Knicks blog) aesthetics are repaired in the comment section, though the Knicks 2010 Plan promotional material in the sports commentary remains the same. . . . The Knicks 2010 Plan is really a basketball executive diet which will go on the market in 2011 even if it fails. I can hear Donnie Walsh now: “Try K2012 and gain more cap space in your pants. I lost 3 pounds, $30 million and one job in three off-seasons”. Just Bloggin, kinda, sorta.
Oh I forgot, Follow me on twitter so I can direct your azz back to this site. Hey, don’t hate the playa, hate the game. LOL. Have a joyous day.
10 Comments »
Welcome to the new home of Knicks Fanatics, the best independent Knicks basketball blog for fiery and usually intelligent fellowship. Here you will find avid Knicks fans able and willing to defend divergent, convergent, emergent and subversive viewpoints. Through hard times and great times, our Knicks are our bond. Hop a squat and get comfy for 2010 is on its way, whatever the hell that might mean to you. And while you wait for that day (you’ll know it, when if you see it) feel free to enjoy our collection of sounds, videos and fave websites below. If you want the latest news without traveling the long route through the blogosphere, check out Knicks Klippings. For the latest in hot action, rummage through the Vodpod while you wait for someone to respond provocatively to your brilliant insight. And if you don’t have brilliant insight, please feel free to say something stupid, because according to most Fanatics anything that doesn’t come from their keyboard is stupid anyway. LOL.
Knicks 2009-2010 Schedule
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________2009 NBA HIGHLIGHTS
KNICKS FANATICS FOR LIFEAfrican, AntiNYSN, BARF, BronxinMD, Cooleyhigh, DaVonn Jefferson, DLT Knicks, Ed Drossman, George M., Harlem Heat, Jay Bee, Kevin Harewood, LIVES, Modi, Orange & Blue, Paulnoize, Peaceman, Post-Up Prince, St_George, Statesman, Steady, Tman, Vic Corbit
- LIVE BLOGGING EVENT TONIGHT: KNICKS v. NETS at 7:30pm (Pre-season Game)
- KNICKS FANATICS IS MOVING ON UP, JOINING BLOGUIN.COM; NEW SITE OPEN HOUSE ON OCTOBER 16th
- Knicks Get Defensive In Pre-season Loss To 76ers
- KryptoNate Talks Tats
- KNICKS v. 76ers Pre-Season Live Blogging Event
- Knicks Links 10/12/09
- Gallo is Concerned But Not Worried
Important DatesSeptember 28 Start of Knicks Training Camp
October 4 Start of Pre-season
October 21 Last Game of Pre-season v. Nets
October 28 Season Opener v. Heat
October 31 Home Opener v. 76ers
April 26 NBA Early Entry Eligibility Deadline (11:59 p.m. ET)
May 19 NBA Draft Lottery
June 5 2009 NBA Finals start date (possible move-up to June 3)
June 15 NBA Draft Early Entry Entrant Withdrawal Deadline (5:00 p.m. ET)
June 18 NBA Finals latest possible end date
June 25 2009 NBA Draft (WaMu Theater at Madison Square Garden, New York, NY)
July 1, 2009 Beginning of Free Agency
July 1-11, 2009 July Moratorium on NBA Signings and release of team salary cap for 2009-1010
July 10 -19 2009 Las Vegas Summer League (Thomas & Mack Center and Cox Pavilion)
July 12, 2009 Beginning of Free Agency Signings
TAGS YOU’RE IT2009 NBA Draft 2009 NBA Finals 2009 NBA Lottery 2009 NBA Summer League Alan Hahn Al Harrington Blake Griffin Boston Celtics Brandon Jennings Cavaliers Celtics Chris Duhon Danilo Galinari Danilo Gallinari Darko Milicic David Kahn David Lee David Robinson DeMar Derozan Donnie Walsh Dorothy Dandridge Eddie Curry Eric Maynor Gina Lollobrigida Hedy Lamarr Isiah Thomas James Dolan Jane Russell Jared Hill Jared Jeffries Joe Crawford Jonny Flynn Jordan Hill Jrue Holiday Knicks Knicks Fanatics Kobe Bryant Lakers Las Vegas Summer League Lebron James. Lena Horne Live Blogging Event Magic Marilyn Monroe Mark Jackson Miami Heat Dancers Michael Jackson Michael Jordan Mike D'Antoni Minnesota Timberwolves Morris Almond Nate Robinson NBA NBA Draft NBA Lottery NBA Playoffs Newsday New York Knicks Pam Grier Patrick Ewing Quentin Richardson Ramon Sessions Raquel Welch Rick Rubio Ricky Rubio Rita Moreno Shaq Sophia Loren Stephen Curry Stephon Marbury Toney Douglas Trevor Ariza Tyreke Evans Warren Carter Wilson Chandler
- So Far, So Bad: Russell Westbrook’s Injury Further Depletes Thunder October 31, 2014Westbrook broke a bone in his right hand on Thursday night in a loss to the Clippers and joined Kevin Durant and other Thunder players sidelined by injuries only two games into the season.By BILLY WITZ
- N.B.A. Preview 2014: Breaking Down the Conferences October 31, 2014San Antonio and Cleveland are two obvious contenders for the N.B.A. championship, but neither of those teams should become too comfortable.By BENJAMIN HOFFMAN
- Video: LeBron James’s Return to Cleveland, With Playground Play-by-Play by Big Brawley October 31, 2014The New York Times invited Brawley Chisholm to call LeBron James’s first game back in Cleveland in his own inimitable style, offering a playground-level perspective on the biggest show in sports.By THE NEW YORK TIMES
- Carmelo Anthony leads Knicks to 95-90 win over Cavaliers October 31, 2014Outside of Quicken Loans Arena, the crowd and atmosphere made it feel as if an NBA Finals game was about to be played. Inside, the noise level and raucousness were greater than your average game, but this one started with LeBron James saying, "There's no place like home."
- LeBron James' homecoming game doesn't go as planned October 31, 2014Maybe it was the new blue uniform. Maybe it was the humongous, fire-breathing scoreboard that detailed LeBron James' every move. Or maybe the emotion of it all, of returning to play in front of the fans he had abandoned four years ago, was just too much.
- Knicks' Jose Calderon out at least two weeks October 31, 2014The Knicks will have to get comfortable playing the triangle offense without the player they brought in to run it.
- Knicks Insider: No way Jose can play, Calderon out 2-3 weeks October 31, 2014Jose Calderon will miss what LeBron James has dubbed "one of the biggest sporting events ever," as well as a few more games for the Knicks.PETER BOTTE
- Spoiler Alert! Knicks, Carmelo Anthony ruin LeBron James' Cleveland return October 31, 2014The returning superstar hardly played up to a game he had billed as “probably one of the biggest sporting events ever,” and the Knicks pulled off a complete reversal from a season-opening stinker the previous night by spoiling King James’ first game back in Cleveland with a stunning 95-90 road victory, Derek Fisher’s first win as a coach.PETER BOTTE
- Isola: Lame James! Knicks rebound to make LeBron's second coming a total failure October 31, 2014LeBron James could not have played any worse, from the opening tap to the final buzzer. And this was his homecoming, no less, a day James matter-of-factly called “probably one of the biggest sporting events that is up there ever.” If you say so, LeBron.Frank Isola
- 63,628 hits
- Tyson Down With Fractured Leg and Out 4-6 Weeks knicksfanaticsblog.com/2013-articles/… via @LINJLNY 11 months ago
- Is The Knicks' Bad Start J.R. Smith's Fault (Poll?) knicksfanaticsblog.com/2013-articles/… via @LINJLNY 11 months ago
- Open Thread Night: Fanatics Live Blog Knicks v. Charlotte Bobcats (@ 7:30pm) knicksfanaticsblog.com/2013-articles/… via @LINJLNY 12 months ago
- I just left a comment in "Open Thread Night: Knicks Fanatics Live Blog Knicks v. Timberwolves (7:30pm) " fyre.it/XBvZAN.5 12 months ago
- I just left a comment in "Open Thread Night: Knicks Fanatics Live Blog Knicks v. Timberwolves (7:30pm) " fyre.it/MbRyF8.5 12 months ago
- I just left a comment in "Open Thread Night: Knicks Fanatics Live Blog Knicks v. Timberwolves (7:30pm) " fyre.it/B5gqOz.5 12 months ago
- I just left a comment in "Open Thread Night: Knicks Fanatics Live Blog Knicks v. Timberwolves (7:30pm) " fyre.it/K9zNdH.5 12 months ago
- I just left a comment in "Open Thread Night: Knicks Fanatics Live Blog Knicks v. Timberwolves (7:30pm) " fyre.it/gchkVP.5 12 months ago
- RT @robdyrdek: #Ridiculousness dunk-cams in full effect tonight with 3 time dunk champ @nate_robinson! New episodes at 9EST on @MTV http://… 21 hours ago
- SickRT @SoundersFC: Hey @nate_robinson...we have a little present for you! @clint_dempsey said it's ... tmi.me/1eQbH9 3 days ago
- I wanna wish my oldest son nahmierrobinson a happy 10th bday today... Being the 1st born comes lots of… instagram.com/p/unpB_6Ar3o/ 5 days ago
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- amzn.to/MnLigA "This book encouraged me to think as an individual, take risks to reach my goals..." 2 years ago
- Why Startups Shouldn’t Hire PR Firms: A quote from my book, How to Win at the Sport of @Business got picked up i... bit.ly/ACLcP3 2 years ago
- You Don’t Live in the World You Were Born Into: I thought this was appropriate to start the new year. We all hav... bit.ly/senqH9 2 years ago
BEHIND ENEMY LINES: FAVE OPPOSITION SITESBucks Diary(Bucks) Brew Hoop(Bucks) We're Bucked(Bucks) Blog-a-Bull(Bulls) Bulls Blog-Tribune(Bulls) REDS ARMY (Celtics) CelticsBlog.com(Celtics) Ohio.com (Cavaliers) Miami Heat-Sun Sentinel(Heat) The Heat Blog(Heat) Lakers Blog, LA Times(Lakers) Lakers Nation(Lakers) Orlando Magic Blog(Magic) Third Quarter Collapse(Magic) Orlando Sentinel Magic Blog(Magic) Blaze of Love(Trailblazers) Bust A Bucket(Trailblazers) TimberwolvesPress.com(Timberwolves) Blazers Blog.com(Trailblazers)
CATEGORIES2009 Finals Al Harrington Boston Celtics Brandon Jennings Chris Duhon Danilo Gallinari David Lee Donnie Walsh Eddie Curry Isiah Thomas Jamal Crawford James Dolan Jared Jeffries Jonny Flynn Jordan Hill Kobe Bryant Lebron James. Live Blogging Events Mike D'Antoni Nate Robinson NBA Draft NBA Lottery NBA Summer League Newsday New York Knicks Rick Rubio Stephon Marbury Toney Douglas Ty Lawson Uncategorized
LIVE BLOGGING EVENTS