Gallo is Concerned But Not Worried
Danilo Galinari is a shooter and he is not concerned about his current 3-13 shooting slump. "I’m not worried," he said. "Sometimes that happens . . . but that’s not a problem." In all fairness, this is only a pre-season game and thirteen shots in two games is nothing. Shooters shoot their way out of slumps and 13 shots in two games is ridiculously low for a “star-in-waiting.”
According to Marc Berman, Galinari was very upset about how he played. I like that attitude. Remember, you cannot measure how much heart can improve, enhance or transcend ability.
After Friday’s ugly 96-84 loss in Boston, Gallinari’s body language in the locker room spoke volumes. At his locker, he was cloaked in a black sweatjacket, hood pulled over his head. He snuck out of the locker room as reporters spoke to Lee. The writers caught up with Gallinari outside. The Italian Stallion seemed more upset than at any point during his pain-ridden rookie year.
Some are starting to blame Gallo’s legs for the shooting woes, but common sense does indicate that the combination of conditioning and recent major back surgery will slow whatever Galinari’s progress will be.
It’s not time to panic yet. After all remember how poorly Crawford started the preseason last year. Craw was using hte season to get a feel for the game in D’Antoni’s system and eventually he and ZBo caught on. So it is a little early to press that non-functioning eject button.
30 Comments »
Welcome to the new home of Knicks Fanatics, the best independent Knicks basketball blog for fiery and usually intelligent fellowship. Here you will find avid Knicks fans able and willing to defend divergent, convergent, emergent and subversive viewpoints. Through hard times and great times, our Knicks are our bond. Hop a squat and get comfy for 2010 is on its way, whatever the hell that might mean to you. And while you wait for that day (you’ll know it, when if you see it) feel free to enjoy our collection of sounds, videos and fave websites below. If you want the latest news without traveling the long route through the blogosphere, check out Knicks Klippings. For the latest in hot action, rummage through the Vodpod while you wait for someone to respond provocatively to your brilliant insight. And if you don’t have brilliant insight, please feel free to say something stupid, because according to most Fanatics anything that doesn’t come from their keyboard is stupid anyway. LOL.
Knicks 2009-2010 Schedule
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________2009 NBA HIGHLIGHTS
KNICKS FANATICS FOR LIFEAfrican, AntiNYSN, BARF, BronxinMD, Cooleyhigh, DaVonn Jefferson, DLT Knicks, Ed Drossman, George M., Harlem Heat, Jay Bee, Kevin Harewood, LIVES, Modi, Orange & Blue, Paulnoize, Peaceman, Post-Up Prince, St_George, Statesman, Steady, Tman, Vic Corbit
- LIVE BLOGGING EVENT TONIGHT: KNICKS v. NETS at 7:30pm (Pre-season Game)
- KNICKS FANATICS IS MOVING ON UP, JOINING BLOGUIN.COM; NEW SITE OPEN HOUSE ON OCTOBER 16th
- Knicks Get Defensive In Pre-season Loss To 76ers
- KryptoNate Talks Tats
- KNICKS v. 76ers Pre-Season Live Blogging Event
- Knicks Links 10/12/09
- Gallo is Concerned But Not Worried
Important DatesSeptember 28 Start of Knicks Training Camp
October 4 Start of Pre-season
October 21 Last Game of Pre-season v. Nets
October 28 Season Opener v. Heat
October 31 Home Opener v. 76ers
April 26 NBA Early Entry Eligibility Deadline (11:59 p.m. ET)
May 19 NBA Draft Lottery
June 5 2009 NBA Finals start date (possible move-up to June 3)
June 15 NBA Draft Early Entry Entrant Withdrawal Deadline (5:00 p.m. ET)
June 18 NBA Finals latest possible end date
June 25 2009 NBA Draft (WaMu Theater at Madison Square Garden, New York, NY)
July 1, 2009 Beginning of Free Agency
July 1-11, 2009 July Moratorium on NBA Signings and release of team salary cap for 2009-1010
July 10 -19 2009 Las Vegas Summer League (Thomas & Mack Center and Cox Pavilion)
July 12, 2009 Beginning of Free Agency Signings
TAGS YOU’RE IT2009 NBA Draft 2009 NBA Finals 2009 NBA Lottery 2009 NBA Summer League Alan Hahn Al Harrington Blake Griffin Boston Celtics Brandon Jennings Cavaliers Celtics Chris Duhon Danilo Galinari Danilo Gallinari Darko Milicic David Kahn David Lee David Robinson DeMar Derozan Donnie Walsh Dorothy Dandridge Eddie Curry Eric Maynor Gina Lollobrigida Hedy Lamarr Isiah Thomas James Dolan Jane Russell Jared Hill Jared Jeffries Joe Crawford Jonny Flynn Jordan Hill Jrue Holiday Knicks Knicks Fanatics Kobe Bryant Lakers Las Vegas Summer League Lebron James. Lena Horne Live Blogging Event Magic Marilyn Monroe Mark Jackson Miami Heat Dancers Michael Jackson Michael Jordan Mike D'Antoni Minnesota Timberwolves Morris Almond Nate Robinson NBA NBA Draft NBA Lottery NBA Playoffs Newsday New York Knicks Pam Grier Patrick Ewing Quentin Richardson Ramon Sessions Raquel Welch Rick Rubio Ricky Rubio Rita Moreno Shaq Sophia Loren Stephen Curry Stephon Marbury Toney Douglas Trevor Ariza Tyreke Evans Warren Carter Wilson Chandler
- 10 Things the N.B.A. Openers Taught Us October 27, 2016Among them: The Warriors may need time to jell, the 76ers may be competitive and the Cavaliers still have it.VICTOR MATHER
- Anthony Davis Puts Up 50 Points in Opener, but Pelicans Still Fall October 27, 2016Davis was dominant in his first game of the N.B.A. season, but he did not get enough help in a 107-102 loss to the Denver Nuggets.THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
- The Golden State Warriors Play the Beautiful Game October 25, 2016Pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, shoot. Purists and critics agree: It’s a sight to behold.JOHN BRANCH
- Carmelo Anthony says Knicks have 'sense of urgency' for home opener October 28, 2016Carmelo Anthony doesn't want to make a big deal over one game, but he twice said the Knicks will have more of a sense of urgency in their home opener Saturday night.
- Carmelo Anthony, Jeff Hornacek understand Derrick Rose's frustration October 27, 2016Jeff Hornacek isn't getting much of a honeymoon with the Knicks.
- Derrick Rose wants to play pick-and-roll 'every time down' for Knicks October 26, 2016Derrick Rose is slow in picking up the Knicks' offense because he missed more than two weeks of practices and games, but he sounds as if he misses Chicago more.
- Carmelo Anthony, Phil Jackson not on same page with Knicks April 15, 2016It’s getting harder for Carmelo Anthony to keep his faith. The questions aren’t being answered. The concerns aren’t alleviated.STEFAN BONDY
- Knicks prez Phil Jackson says he won't abandon his system April 15, 2016Phil Jackson ambled to the podium and assumed his familiar defensive stance on the triangle, with some added shots directed at the media.STEFAN BONDY
- Isola: Phil Jackson no longer the cool, calm man on bench April 15, 2016When Phil Jackson was coaching he had this habit of sitting back with his legs crossed while coaches ranted and raved along the sidelines.Frank Isola
- 65,241 hits
- Tyson Down With Fractured Leg and Out 4-6 Weeks knicksfanaticsblog.com/2013-articles/… via @LINJLNY 2 years ago
- Is The Knicks' Bad Start J.R. Smith's Fault (Poll?) knicksfanaticsblog.com/2013-articles/… via @LINJLNY 2 years ago
- Open Thread Night: Fanatics Live Blog Knicks v. Charlotte Bobcats (@ 7:30pm) knicksfanaticsblog.com/2013-articles/… via @LINJLNY 2 years ago
- I just left a comment in "Open Thread Night: Knicks Fanatics Live Blog Knicks v. Timberwolves (7:30pm) " fyre.it/XBvZAN.5 2 years ago
- I just left a comment in "Open Thread Night: Knicks Fanatics Live Blog Knicks v. Timberwolves (7:30pm) " fyre.it/MbRyF8.5 2 years ago
- I just left a comment in "Open Thread Night: Knicks Fanatics Live Blog Knicks v. Timberwolves (7:30pm) " fyre.it/B5gqOz.5 2 years ago
- I just left a comment in "Open Thread Night: Knicks Fanatics Live Blog Knicks v. Timberwolves (7:30pm) " fyre.it/K9zNdH.5 2 years ago
- I just left a comment in "Open Thread Night: Knicks Fanatics Live Blog Knicks v. Timberwolves (7:30pm) " fyre.it/gchkVP.5 2 years ago
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- amzn.to/MnLigA "This book encouraged me to think as an individual, take risks to reach my goals..." 4 years ago
- Why Startups Shouldn’t Hire PR Firms: A quote from my book, How to Win at the Sport of @Business got picked up i... bit.ly/ACLcP3 4 years ago
- You Don’t Live in the World You Were Born Into: I thought this was appropriate to start the new year. We all hav... bit.ly/senqH9 4 years ago
BEHIND ENEMY LINES: FAVE OPPOSITION SITESBucks Diary(Bucks) Brew Hoop(Bucks) We're Bucked(Bucks) Blog-a-Bull(Bulls) Bulls Blog-Tribune(Bulls) REDS ARMY (Celtics) CelticsBlog.com(Celtics) Ohio.com (Cavaliers) Miami Heat-Sun Sentinel(Heat) The Heat Blog(Heat) Lakers Blog, LA Times(Lakers) Lakers Nation(Lakers) Orlando Magic Blog(Magic) Third Quarter Collapse(Magic) Orlando Sentinel Magic Blog(Magic) Blaze of Love(Trailblazers) Bust A Bucket(Trailblazers) TimberwolvesPress.com(Timberwolves) Blazers Blog.com(Trailblazers)
CATEGORIES2009 Finals Al Harrington Boston Celtics Brandon Jennings Chris Duhon Danilo Gallinari David Lee Donnie Walsh Eddie Curry Isiah Thomas Jamal Crawford James Dolan Jared Jeffries Jonny Flynn Jordan Hill Kobe Bryant Lebron James. Live Blogging Events Mike D'Antoni Nate Robinson NBA Draft NBA Lottery NBA Summer League Newsday New York Knicks Rick Rubio Stephon Marbury Toney Douglas Ty Lawson Uncategorized
LIVE BLOGGING EVENTS
Site infoKnicks Fanatics
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.